Thread: Markers
View Single Post
nannyde 04:41 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Nanny:

I just wanted to post separately on another part of this.

I realize that there are safety issues with allowing children to have access to these materials. Because I realize those issues, I am HYPER aware of them and am very diligant about having someone directly supervising while children are playing and using materials.

Also, materials are at differing levels, so the littlest children cannot reach the scissors/collage/beads/etc. without an older child or adult getting them down and facilitating/supervising the activity. Those materials are within reach of the preschool aged children and they use them when they choose. At those times, the toddlers might join, and if so an adult supervises.

FTR, I have done it this way for 14 years, and I have never had an issue with it. And, my children are typically writing, without ever using a tracer sheet, by age 3, and writing well by age 4.
I'm not asking HOW you do it. I'm asking with what.

I'm NOT talking about two/three/four year olds. I'm asking specifically about then ten month to fourteen month new walkers.

With your ages the materials are within their age ranges. I'm interested in what materials you can have out for ten to fourteen month olds (new walkers).