View Single Post
jojosmommy 10:27 AM 04-27-2011
I have two daycare kids that do this. Mom arrives and they jump on the couch (not even allowed to sit on it during the day) they hit my son, basically climb the walls. Its all attention seeking.

For a while that was what she thought they did at daycare all day. I clearly explained to her that when she arrived they would both be sent down the steps to the entry way and locked (with the stairs gate) away from everything else. I get ones shoes on and she does the other and then they both typically run crazy to the car- which I don't allow but mom doesnt discipline at home so they know they rule the roost.

I would tell mom she needs to call 5 min before arrival and you will get said child ready and explain to her why. Tell her 1x a week you are willing to try to let her get ready independently (or follow whatever your typical leaving routine is) and if she can not handle it then she will have to go back to dressed and ready at the door.

It makes communication difficult when they pickup b/c the child is already ready and wants to go but its better than having 10 min of complete chaos at the end of your day and still not being able to communicate anything to mom.