View Single Post
Unregistered 04:17 PM 10-24-2010
I can appreciate that no one wants to work 12 hours days, especially with lots of kids that have many different moods, but entrusting my children to someone so I can go focus on my job is extremely important and to know that the person I give my children to is throwing comments about me to others about how long I am at work is upsetting. I agree it should not happen on a regular basis but the average salaried employee is expected to put in 45-50 hours a week and it would be nice to eat at lunch plus commute time (avg. 15-20 minutes). Last minute meetings can happen and consistently saying "I can't go because of my kids" is career suicide so then it becomes job or kid. I have enough guilt about going to work and being away from my child. If I get a half day or get the opportunity to be done early-I am going to get my kids because I enjoy spending time with them. I guess if 10 hours is too long for you to watch children, perhaps you should consider getting an assistant to can give you a break for an hour or two or find another career. I know there are a lot of those who take advantage, but most of us are just trying to put food on the table like everyone else.