Thread: How Many Hours?
View Single Post
dEHmom 06:19 AM 07-26-2011
On a regular day it's 10.25 hours a day, and occassionally 11 hours a day with kids in care. so about 52.25 to 55 hrs a week actual care hours.

there's about 1/2 hour prior to dropoffs that i spend tidying up what i didn't do before bed. that's 2.5 hours a week.

then after the kids leave i have about an hour that i spread out in the evenings (little bits here and there) doing cleanups and reorganizing bins etc. that's 5 hours a week approx.

then on the weekends (and some evenings) I would say approx. 3 extra hours daycare related to clean up the yard toys and cut the grass, do laundry (rags, washcloths, bedding, extra clothes etc).

so in total about 65.5 hours a week on daycare. If we are doing a home improvement or something like flooring, or painting etc, I probably wouldn't consider that daycare hours because it's more for my family and home than it is for daycare. But certain things I might factor the cost into the daycare because flooring is for the kids to crawl on and sleep on, so we ripped out awful disgusting carpet because I didn't want any daycare kids crawling, laying, or playing on it.