View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 09:55 AM 06-16-2011
Oh I am so sorry to hear this! What a shame! First I want to applaude you for sticking to your guns and pushing through the zoning/permit process. I went through this too. I opened a small center, we don't live there, but had to go through a Major Conditional Use. Traffic studies, stormwater runoff study, install parking lot, install handicapped ramp, landscape buffer installed, and yes, the dreaded neighborhood impact meeting! I did not have issues with neighbors, practically no one showed up. BUT there was a church daycare across the street, and they certainly showed up! "How DARE you try to open a daycare across the street from ours! We have been here 20 years! Are you trying to hurt our business? What is your education? How much experience?...." The city official conducting the meeting had to cut her off and tell her that was NOT the purpose of the meeting. "This meeting is to discuss potential issues like traffic, noise, etc." The director of the church daycare muttered some very un-christian things and stormed out.
Oh and by the way, they are out of business now, because they sucked anyways.

So let your neighbor b***h a fit, the city/county is the one making the final decision. I am scared for you though....so much stress and worry....try to relax and wait out the process. As long as you play by the rules and follow all the zoning regs, you'll be fine. I hope once you do get approved, it won't be a constant stream of petty and unfounded complaints, just to make you miserable. You will get a lot of support here! I am pulling for you! Stick to your plan and to heck with the neighbors!