View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 06:59 AM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
A child who needs insulin, epilepsy medications, inhalers in some circumstances, basically any medications used to treat a condition that could be considered a disability. In my understanding, a provider may not refuse to give medications used to manage a disability, nor refuse to care for a child that requires them if the decision is based on the need for meds.
Yep. I have a daycare child on Zantac, Amiodorone (heart condition), breathing treatments (lung damage from heart failure at birth), antibiotics occasionally (she has to be on them for WEEKS sometimes). Not to mention constant topically.

Her little infant brother is on Zantac also.

I have a very detailed physician form to be filled out every time a medication is dispensed and if a dr recommends an OTC med he fills that out or the pharmacist can fill it out with detailed instructions, dosages, reasons for administration etc and side effects to be expected.

Living down here with allergies and asthma so very high, if I refused to keep kids who were on meds I would be in the poor house.

But I don't just give meds for the heck of it though.