View Single Post
MaritimeMummy 09:43 AM 07-25-2012
I'm in NS, and I am a registered, approved home day care through my government. I am NOT licensed, but I have to follow the same standards for care and everything that a licensed day care centre would follow because I still get inspected. But again, I am not licensed.

I can care for a max of 6 kids at one time, including my own. There are stipulations on that.

I can care for all school-aged kids, or

no more than 4 infants (if that is the case, all the children MUST be infants under 18 months and 4 is then my max number) or

no more than 2 of each, infants to 17 months, toddlers, 18 months to 35 months, and preschoolers 36 months and up.

this is pretty flexible though, as I may have someone come into my care who is just on the cusp of going from one age group to another. Right now I actually have 4 toddlers and 2 infants (one is my son), but by the end of this month I am losing a toddler that I am not replacing, and by the end of August my daughter goes into the preschool age group. So I will have 1 preschooler, 2 infants, and 2 toddlers.