View Single Post
Unregistered 06:09 PM 06-06-2012
I am afraid I agree that it can be unfair to neighbours to run a daycare from home if your house is very close to your neihbours and your adjacent gardens are small. I personally do not think this should be allowed unless you have a sufficient large garden so as to not disturb your neighbours. we are all entiteled to some peace in our own homes.
I live next door to a small daycare centre. She seems like a nice lady and she does not run it every day. However, I have 2 special needs kids myself, my husband works out of state and I only get a couple of hours to myself 2 days a week. so when I am kidfree I like to go out and enjoy my garden and read a nice book. I should be allowed to do this I think. I am stressed most of the time and need a break. However when I do this all I can hear is her talking to the kids as if she is standing next to me saying yellow over & over again. I just want to throw a god damn brick at her. They are all toddlers so they scream in a high pitched voice and just make a racket in general. My kids are noisy but I control it. I do not allow them to run around the garden screaming as it is not fair to my neighbours. Would I like them to be able to run wild in the garden. Yes!!! But given are gardens are all so close and very small I just do not think its fair. Why can she not do the same?????? There should be guildlines put in. Also we as the neighbours should not be the ones to have to put into place noise reduction walls or windows. We are not the ones making a profit from all the bloody noise are we??? Plus I rent so cannot just put in double glazing or a new wall. I feel like the only way I will ever get some peace is if I move and that I think is unfair. We all need to make a buck but if you want to run a childcare move into a house with a big garden. I dont waat to be a moany old cow so I have not said anything to them but I just want to have peace and quiet on my kid free days. I just do not think you should allowed to run any kind of noisy business from a residential home unless you put in noise pollution solutions.... There I have had my whinge!!!