View Single Post
daycare 08:17 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by shannon:
To those of you that keep repeating "..put the child back in pull-ups until they are completely potty trained..", I would really like to smack you over the head with a dirty pull up.
If you don't want to deal with feces, then I suggest you not to touch anything in a bathroom, go to a store and touch shopping carts, shelves, etc..., never ever go out to eat anywhere public, and never touch money. As a matter of fact, you might as well wrap yourself in a plastic bubble with a Lysol bomb.
And stop acting like parents who work complain just because they don't want to do laundry. No, what they don't want is to have to pay 1/4 th of their income to a day care provider on top of bills, rent, food and other nessecities, then have to go out and pay $6 to $10 a pack for underwear because they have to throw them away after a poop stain sets in.
Put on gloves, swirl the soiled underwear in a toilet, spray some laundry treatment or bleach on them, then bag them.
Don't like it? Then go flip burgers for minimum wage and complain because you have to deal with nasty kitchen duties all day. At least you would be getting paid more according to most of you.
I could care less if I got poop on me. and I hear what you are saying loud and clear, but what would you do if you had a child come to your house and poop their pants. Of course since you could not possibly keep your eyes on every single child 100% of the time, you more than likely won't see that little Joey pooped his pants and now it is all over your playroom, other kids in the daycare, toys, carpet, sofa, and on and on.

Would you like your kid to go to a place that allows that to happen? I don't really know too many parents that would allow or want their kid subjected to an environment that this would be allowed to happen.

And for the record, I do wash out undies that get poop on them. Kids can wear undies here during potty training, they just need to keep a pull up on over it to contain any accidents.....

I know it's hard for you to see this situation from a providers perspective because you are not one.....