View Single Post
JustMe 09:37 AM 10-17-2012
4 month old baby does not want to be put down AT ALL. Actually prefers if I am standing while holding him, which I physically can't do, as I have back problems, am pregnant, and also don't want to

I probably would just hold him all day because I prefer that to constant crying, but DCM has been complaining, saying things like, "baby wants to be held too much at home, baby starts crying if we aren't right there, etc" and I think she wants me to not hold him so much. Which would be great if he wasn't screaming constantly. She has suggested that I just go pat him and reassure him every 5 min, but really I can't run an effective dc with a screaming baby as background noise.

But - dc mom and I are sort of friends, and would see each other often even if I termed, so it would be very awkward. And do you think that the baby will just get easier as they get older? On the other hand, they pay a discounted rate and keep their baby here as much as possible, so my hourly rate from them is pathetic, plus their high-needs baby is keeping me from getting more kids. I could easily take on 2 kids for the effort of their one kid.

So, what would you do in this situation?