View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:52 AM 06-23-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I don't think that's fair.

I could see if people were replying to an old thread and were being rude or abusive, or stirring up an old argument.

But if these people are legitimately still having this issue and are seeking advice for it, who are we to say they can't post their opinion? Because they're unregistered and we're not? Because we don't want to see it?

I do get what you are saying, because it does get annoying when people reply arguing in a 5 year old thread. But many people google a phrase, then one of these old threads comes up, they read it and reply, not realizing the last post was 3 years ago.

Plus, there are some new.users that have not read some of these threads and they may be useful.

I also agree.

This is definitely NOT one of those threads that needs to be locked or closed.

I think that threads like this are good because sometimes someone just needs to vent or maybe re-read other posts within the thread to gain a different perspective about their situation.

I didn't read anything in this thread that warranted locking it. No one called anyone names or insulted anyone specifically.

Most people that posted that were complaining about living next to a child care have legitimate complaints and honestly I truly understand where they are coming from. Heck, I AM a provider and I wouldn't want to live next door to a child care.

If I knew BEFORE I moved in, that's one thing but when a neighbor opens a child care AFTER, I can see how it would disrupt or disturb the mood of the neighborhood.

That is why some states and cities have ordinances to govern this kind of thing.

The only advice I can give anyone complaining about living next to a child care is either start being proactive in your city council meetings or talk with your neighbor and try and work it out between the two of you. If you have to live next door to each other, I'd much rather compromise so each of you can be happy instead of BOTH of you being miserable towards each other.