View Single Post
Unregistered 08:18 PM 01-14-2010
The use of bleach in daycare is very dangerous because it is very caustic to the sinus mucosa. Every time that I pick up my grandchildren from the daycare that they attend, the smell of bleach is overwhelming my grandson's eye's are red and blinking.
They do not wait until the children are gone for the day. The clothing should be the least of our worries. We need to worry about their lungs and health. The bleach may be killing germs but it is also harming the children.
Another alarming point about the use of bleach is that when it is mixed with ammonia it forms a very harmful and sometimes lethal gas. Well, doesn't urine contain ammonia? What happens to the little children when urine is wiped up using the bleach mixture?
There is no way to regulate the proper mixing proportions in every daycare in the country. If it is going to be required to use shouldn't it be in a premixed form?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do about this? I am very worried about the long term effects that it will have on my grandchildren.