View Single Post
Meeko 11:43 AM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by Lightbeautyflower:
Thank God for your post. I'm new to the business and have to go through the same proccess of obtaining a conditional use permit through my city zoning office. I am now more confident about starting my business as I have not had much help from family or friends. Thanks again.
The original post is an old one,,,but I had to get a permit before doing a group size day care.

The city put a notice outside my day care house and then I had to go to a hearing and see if any of my neighbors showed up. I was very nervous as I have a few neighbors who like to complain for a living.

The city guy told me while we waited, that even if anyone DID show up...they would have to have a VERY good argument in order for me to be denied.

Saying that they thought there would be noise etc is not good enough. The city will not turn down an application unless neighbors can PROVE it will be a disturbance

Not one soul showed up to the hearing. We waited until 5 minutes past the meeting time and then the man told me I was approved!