View Single Post
erinalexmom 09:56 AM 07-28-2011
When I was a teen my parents were getting a divorce and my grandmother (who was my "daycare provider" growing up) was dying of cancer. It was so much for a young person to be dealing with all at the same time! My youth pastor and his wife and kids sort of adopted me into thier family. Listening to me when I needed it. Inviting me to spend the night, go swimming in thier pool, giving all kinds of love and emotional support. That my family, although they are wonderful people, just didnt have inside to give at the time. I credit that family alot with keeping me on the straight and narrow.

I honestly dont think I would be married for as long as I have without seeing them living in a healthy marriage, I dont think I would help those in need as much, I dont think I would have a relationship with the Lord. I am so grateful to them!
They never interfered in my family, they never bad mouthed my parents, they just were there for me, when I needed them. One day, a few months ago, I was talking to the dad of the family and someone started talking to us and asked him "is this your daughter" he said "she might as well be" gosh I love him See Im an adult and I still love them and consider them "family".

What you are doing is a huge blessing for this girl. I can tell you from experience!