View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by MamaB'sKidz:
Ok I have 2 sets of parents wanting special rates for their children.

1st set of parents do not want to bring their son to daycare for the summer and they don't want to pay for his spot when he's not in care. The Grandmother has off in the summer so DCB will go there so the parents can save money. I tried to find a SA to fill that spot just for the summer but have had no luck. So I feel that they should pay the full rate for their sons spot through the summer. Is that reasonable?

2nd set of parents. In September their son will start in a local preschool program. This Preschool program is Tues. Wed. Thurs. & Fri. for 2 1/2 hours each of those days. So DCB will be in my care all day Monday and for 6 hours each day for the rest of the week.

I charge a rate for each full time spot, not by hours in care. I want to be fair and would love to help each family but I can't hurt my family financially in the process. I am a level 1 licensed home daycare and my state only allows me 5 children preschool age and under. One of those spots is filled by my son so I have 4 paying spots. So anyway, I just wanted to talk it out and get some feed back with other providers. :-)
These families want to save money by short changing you.

How is that fair?

I would tell BOTH families that rates are based on enrollment NOT on attendance (just like rent) the rate is for the space to be there not for how much of it they use.

As for the family with the child needing space in the Fall but wanting grandma to watch him, tell them they can withdraw from care but that you will NOT hold spaces and will actively try to fill the vacancy should they leave over the summer.

I refuse to take a financial loss to save someone else money.
Funny (and honestly kind of rude) that parents seem to think we should.