View Single Post
Leigh 11:57 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
How much TV do you allow during the day? Are they given adequate rest time? Are they bored out there? My first thought is make a rule when they come in the must lay down with the nappers and nap.
I do tell them that if they don't want to play outside that they can come in and nap. One of them regularly takes me up on it (he doesn't sleep, but he'd rather lay on the couch than be outdoors). They're not getting TV time, though they beg for it. I let them watch movies on rainy days, and the rest of the time, TV is off. The 4's and 5's simply don't nap. I used to require it, but they don't sleep and they end up making sure that the other kids don't nap, as well. I can't imagine how they could be bored-there are so many options for play out there-I bought them a big, new playset 2 years ago, there are all sorts of games to play, sandbox, play construction equipment, merry go round, ride ons (electric and manual), bubbles, chalk, barbies, cars, and on and on. What they all really want is for me to get annoyed enough that I park them in front of the television-they beg for it constantly.

My son has a friend his age next door, and we literally have to carry them inside often at dark because they're not ready to come in. I remember it being like this when I was a kid, too-we NEVER wanted to be indoors. Most of my daycare kids never want to be outdoors-even on days we have the wading pool set up!