View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:23 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I live in NY and I am a neighbor of a daycare provider with no fence on a busy road I came across this site after witnessing the children sliding down a snow bank into the road ??????Is this for real ??? Put your fence up lady..or someone like me will someday will call on someone like you...signed the neighbor ...
I don't typically respond to unregistered guests but I will comment here. The DC provider in this case was deffinetely in the wrong and you should have reported this incident to your local licensing office so shame on you if you didn't and good for you if you did.

If there is no regulation against having a fence and there is proper supervision there should be no problem. I live in CA and this is what my regulations say about having a fence:

"(6) Outdoor play areas shall be either fenced, or outdoor play areas shall be supervised by the licensee or care giver."

I have a back yard that is fenced in but I sometimes take the littles outside to play and run around in the front area and that is not fenced in and I have never had an issue like this one. Do I do it often? No. Do I do it on days that I am full and have many very young children? No. Do I do it on days that I feel that I cannot be in complete control? No. Are the kids safe when I take them into the un-fenced front yard? Yes, because I am aupervising them properly and do not let them get anywhere near the street.