View Single Post
DCBlessings27 06:43 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm trying to write mine right now. I've swiped a few things from PDFs I found by googling. What I really want to write is "I will not be a big dummy like you guys must think we all are." Some of these regulations are ridiculous!

I have a question: How are my kids suppose to get an hour of outside time when it's too cold or windy for my 3 month old to go out and the others have to now be 5 to go out by themselves. I have a fenced in yard and I can see the kids in 85% of it from inside and can hear them very well. My 3 year olds were able to handle it just fine before they changed things. Arg. I'm frustrated.
For mine, I just wrote that the kids were within sight/hearing distance of me unless I had to attend to personal needs, etc. I basically just wrote along with the regulations, so I mentioned what I would do for my kids under 2.5. For outside time, I wrote that none of my kids would ever be let outside alone even if they were 5 or older. I only have up to 4 year olds right now, so it worked for me just to put that they'd never be alone. Make sure you cover the sections of sleeping and meals. I emailed my plan to my surveyor, and she looked it over. She said that mine was good, so I then had my parents sign off as being notified of my policy. I then put the signed papers in each child's binder and posted it on the wall. You don't have to have the signed policies with the records, but I like to be thorough.

One note: Make sure you have a safe sleep policy developed even if you don't take under 18 months. They're really checking here for safe sleep policies.

As to your question about the 3 month old and outside time, I have a 3 month old in care too. I just bundle her up, and take her out. I have been waiting lately until later afternoon to do outside time because it's been chilly in the mornings.

If you have any questions about KS stuff, just pm me if you register on the site.