View Single Post
Kiki 06:30 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
It is 8 hours
Wow, here in UT it's 20 hours of training, and 10 has to be face to face.
But, there is also a License vs. Certificate in Utah, and I'm fairly certain that number is for a licensed provider, and that it's much lower for certificate holders. Certificate holders however do not qualify for any grants in Utah, they only give them to licensed providers.

I'm not sure on the amount it is to renew here in Utah, the initial amount is only $25.00, so I'm going to assume it's $25.00 every year.
It's your business license fees that get you here, and they vary so greatly through our state it's bananas! It's $80.00 in my city for one, and $40.00 for the health department to come in.
One of my friends was working on getting her license in a city about 30 minutes away from me, and her cost was almost triple mine. She had to pay $80.00 for a license form the city, and then $200.00 for a conditional use permit.

This thread got me really interested in how Utah does things, hopefully Meeko can chime in, the only thing I really found info on was the Utah Career Ladder, but I can't really find info on what it's about!