View Single Post
JenNJ 10:25 AM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by Heyjames:
This is an issue that just came up in my daycare. Today I got a bag of clothes from my son that was completed covered in poop. Solid in the underwear, but some parts mushed due to being smushed in his cubby. The underwear was destroyed and other clothes have been soaking for hours so I can get them cleaned. I understand it can be gross, but atleast dump the solid poop out...there is no need for that. takes no more time than it does to wipe a butt.
i can imagine that this is frustrating to parents. But there a few things that I think parents need to understand.

It is illegal dump solid waste in the trash. I shake off whatever solid waste I can over the toilet. Unfortunately, a lot of the time this causes the water to splash onto the toilet and floor. Then I need to clean the entire bathroom before anyone else can use it.

I have up to seven children who need to be supervised during this time. I cannot neglect the needs of children in order to save a pair of underwear or an outfit. So the easiest and MOST RESPONSIBLE thing for me to do is to shake off what I can and bag the clothing.

Would any parent really want a group of children including their child minimally supervised while a provider dealt with poopy clothing so that it doesn't stain?