View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 11:49 AM 02-05-2013
I already posted what I do for my kids (cut in 1/2, cut in quarters for under 2), but I wanted to add because what has been posted since that EVERY food can be a choking hazard. LIke someone else said, adults choke too on food. We don't need our food cut up. The dck that choked here and I had to do a rescue on her, choked on apples. I already posted that, but wanted to add to it. I HAD cut up the apples in very very small pieces and if she would have ate 1 at a time, she probably would have been fine, but she obviously put more in her mouth than 1 pice because when she threw up on the floor after I did the heimlich on her there was alot on the floor. My point is you can chop it up as little as you want, but if they put more in their mouth it becomes a choking hazard. So, use caution, cut when you think you need to and most importanly, watch the children while they eat, know what to do if they choke! That is critical! When it happened here, I whipped that girl out of her booster chair and got it out right away thank God. After I knew she was okay, I went in the front room and cried! Luckily I work great under pressure and didn't panic. I was calm and cool during the episode, it was after that I fell apart