View Single Post
WImom 11:10 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I like simple.

Dealing with parents on a "Scheduled Hours" plan add too much record keeping and enforcement for my taste. I have one rate and am open 10 hours a day.

If someone asks for an early drop off it must be for something really important after they have exhausted all other options from their side. I don't charge when I say YES, I just do not say Yes often.

I don't do that to be ugly, mornings are for breakfast and a visit with my teens before they are off for the day with their friends or school. I only have 4 more years with them before they are all off to college and adult life. All my DCM's understand and empathize with that.

The downfall of doing it my way is that every one of your DCK's will be there from open to close, everyday. They are in the drive when I open and all leave within 5-10 minutes of closing.

I like it because I like the routine of it. I never have that one anxious kid, that thinks he was forgotten, to entertain and keep calm for hours after everyone else leaves.

I know exactly what time to come in from the playground and get cleaned up for going home. At 5:30pm we all pick up toys, move to mats and I mop. At 6pm the kids are gone and the room is clean. I lock up and don't go back in there until the next day. Simple, consistent and routine works for me.
I would LOVE to do it this way but I have kids that come all morning 7:30-9:45. I don't think they would bring them earlier either. If I ever had a group that all came and left around the same time that would be awesome though.