View Single Post
frugalmama4 02:21 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I really don't need an assistant I don't think because I only am able to have 6 children and in the summer it goes down to 2. What I need more I believe is a substitute but I don't know if I will be able to find someone on that is willing to work on call.

Here's the situation. This has been a terrible year for me illness wise and I just found out that some of my parents do not have backups and have used all their sick time up! I know I've been sick but I haven't missed enough days for two parents to use all their sick days up. So I'm not sure how they have used it all up as the child is here everyday I am open.

So basically I'm needing someone to come in when I have appts/special things with my kids or maybe not feeling well and someone to help me. I'm really not sure where to find someone. They would have to be able to change diapers, lift, handle kids over all (not let them be wild). I literally know no one that doesn't work or isn't older and not able to do all the lifting and such. I thought of college students but working around their schedules are hard, especially if its an emergency or something.

For those who have subs where did you find them. By the way my hubby cannot do it as he works a 8-5 job and isn't able to just leave for things. The only reason I put that in is I know alot of your husbands help you.
Hey Country Kids,

I'm in the same boat...no need for an assistant(no-work or room for one).
But I hate closing my door are having my hubby take off from work just to tend to our kids. So this is what I'm planing on doing for the next school year.

I will start with my church family first and then around my neighborhood.

Posting fliers for SHAM's (yea, I know we don't care for them as DCP's) but if you find someone whose little one is in school all day it could work. Someone looking for something to do and make a few bucks at the same time.

I have started making friends with other providers in the area(some only do night care and maybe welling to fill in for me.

You do mostly teacher families right? Maybe one of them would like to help out and you could pay them in credits e.i-8hours equals one free day of care or something like that.

Hope all works out for you!!!