View Single Post
Unregistered 01:49 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I wasn't going to respond to this post, but I feel like I have to.

Do you have any idea how long it would take for providers to do all of their cleaning after all of the kids leave for the day? If you had even the slightest idea how long it takes, you wouldn't even suggest that providers wait until after the kids leave to clean. That is a foolish suggestion.

As far as your provider goes, if she is sleeping during naptime, take it up with her! Don't assume that all other providers do that, too. Most of us are actually working for a good portion of nap time.

If you can't get your child to sleep at night, then maybe you should examine what your child's bedtime ritual consists of. A nap at daycare shouldn't have that much of an affect as long as it's a reasonable amount of time and the child isn't sleeping too late.

Most of us put in longer days than ANY of the parents of the children in our care. If we didn't try to get as much done during naptime as we could, then our days would be even longer still. Don't make it seem like your situation is the same as ours. It's not.

Lastly, naptime is important for children in daycare. I'm not saying that they need to sleep, but they do need some down time. Consider that.
I probably do know how long it takes to clean a daycare since I have to clean my house also? My son has just as many toys that need to be cleaned, I have dishes and everything else...maybe a little extra time for the extra few dishes (his daycare is small, only 3-4 kids on anyday).

and why are you telling me to examine my bedtime ritual, if I mentioned nothing of it? It's not the bedtime ritual, its the extra long nap he has. I find it funny all the parents are complaining? my son has a good bedtime ritual that we do every night. dinner, play time, 1 show, a bath, 2 books, and then he gets tucked in. A 3-4 hour nap when he should only be sleeping 1-2 at the most would obviously have a huge inpact on when he's going to actually fall asleep! can you take a 4 hour name in the middle of the day and fall asleep ontime? i can't!

and you're telling me you put in a longer day than me also? that's funny cause I don't think I mentioned my hours here? I'm not going to argue about who puts a longer day in...that's just petty. As my post stated I said, why can't it be acknowledge that both providers and parents have tough jobs and be left at that? buy you appreantly needed to prove your job is tougher!

But then again...I'm sure you assume I'm one of those parents that just want my kid to go to bed at 5pm when we walk in the door so I don't have to deal wit him right? Since that's what all you providers think about parents...I forgot

Lastly...I never said my child shouldn't nap. He obviously does need a nap at 2 years old. A nap of 1-2 hours is perfect. Not 3-4.