View Single Post
jen 11:06 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I think you hit the nail on the head, there... if the resources in your community do not revolve around working families, then it is the kids who miss out and parents are left scrambling.

It is possible that you may have to reevaluate your families needs and your ability to meet them while doing this.

For me, this is the best fit for now. I would love to be able to pick my kids up from school and just go to the park/theater on a random Wednesday, but in order to do that I have to be gone 4 days a week; overnight (24/48 hour schedule). Those are my options as it stands....
I guess that is what I am wrestling with too..my options as they stand. Such is life. I do enjoy my day, and when it is snowing like mad or freezing cold, I am THRILLED that I don't have to leave the house! There are lots of upsides. Maybe I have the beginning of empty nest syndrome...my oldest is going to be a Sr. next year. If there is one thing I could get my 55+ hour a week daycare parents to understand its this: They REALLY do grow up way too fast. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at this little baby thinking, "OH MY GOD! Who in the world thought it was OK for me to have a baby! What if I screw it up! OMG!!!!!!!" LOL! I was 28 and still totally freaked out! They are just the best things ever.