View Single Post
Unregistered 08:31 PM 02-08-2012
I live in a quiet neighborhood. My neighbor across the street operates a large family daycare for up to 14 kids. I work hard and want to relax or watch a ball game when I get home from work. I like to open the window to let in a little fresh air. Every day at 5 pm my neighbor trots the little rats out to play screaming games in the front yard. You wouldn't believe how loud these kids can scream from 5pm to 6:30 monday through Friday. But the rats aren't what I object to. Kids screaming are really not that annoying. The adult daycare providers that monitor the screaming games scream the loudest to encourage the children. I didn't know you could scream that loud saying go,go go or byeee byyyeee. It seems like these are the only english words these daycare providers know because they are shouted at the top of their lungs everyday from 5 to 6:30. I have stayed home from work and the kids are not outside during the day when everyone is at work. They are only trotted out when the parents come to pick them up. I can see the other side of the coin where the neighbors are not happy with the constant noise, the complete disregard for the neighbors quiet enjoyment of their property. This law allowing large family darecare centers of 14 children in residential neighborhoods is a crime. It should be repealed and these daycare providers that disregard the beauty and quiet and peace that neighbors bought property here to enjoy are the strongest argument to repeal this stupid law.