View Single Post
MyAngels 07:45 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
funny how people only want to do daycare till their own children are in school full time, I guess the presumtion is that when they enter grade school parents are not needed. I don't know about you all, but my 4 kids keep me busy that there is no way I could work outside the house. I think the older they get the harder it is. Activities, homework, driving, dances, friends, more supervising on the computer the list goes on and on. Heck when the kids are little, they are the easiest to take care.
You are so right. Ever since my kids were young, so many times they would walk through the door after school, after the dance or game, etc. all full of excitement about something or other, wanting to talk about it. I was always the first to know what was going on in their lives. Making yourself available when they want to talk or have something on their minds is one of the best ways to make sure you have good, open communication with your kids when they need it most. Even now that my kids are all adults they will often stop by after class or work with something on their minds, and I'm always thrilled to be able to be the one they come to.