View Single Post
xdaycare worker 09:22 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by Clreyes:
Thank you for all the responses. I appreciate one and all taking the time.
I live in California and it is a licensed day care. I did call the State licensing office that handles the preschool my DD attends and there is no Law stating a child has to nap and there is NO quit area that is manditory. They have a PC code that actually states a child should not be forced to nap. I in no way shape or form have an issue with my child napping but she does not want to and gets very upset when she was being put in that situation. She also knows if she is tired she can ask to be put down to rest (which she actually did yesterday and feel asleep) As for the cleaning, I was surprised to hear from the State that there are no laws pertaining to cleaning! But the person I spoke to was shocked when I told them they only cleaned 2 times a yr and she said they need to use common sense in regards to that. I personally took it apone myself to start what I call a 911 Emergency Crew which is a parent volunteer group that will come in same day of a contagious infection and clean toys and class rooms. Since my questioning about the cleaning all the teachers have been more then willing to start cleaning the toys and taking pro action to keep the toys safer when it comes to cleanliness. Thanks again and thank you to all the wonderful TEACHERS and Home Day Care providers.

I just have a few comments. First, I don't understand why someone from the state told you there are no laws regarding cleaning. Although each state is different, they all have strict rules/regulations regarding cleaning/disinfecting. Are you positive your dc is licensed? How do you know that they only clean 2x a year? It's hard to believe that a dc owner or teacher would just admit something like that... even if it was true.

I also don't understand why your child's dc would even consider allowing a volunteer group of parents to come in and clean? That alone is reason enough to get their license removed. And any insurance carrier would drop them like a hot potato. It's just unheard of.

Lastly, if your dc is that bad, why would you even consider leaving your child there?

I'd get my kid out ASAP.