View Single Post
jen 09:10 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
funny how people only want to do daycare till their own children are in school full time, I guess the presumtion is that when they enter grade school parents are not needed. I don't know about you all, but my 4 kids keep me busy that there is no way I could work outside the house. I think the older they get the harder it is. Activities, homework, driving, dances, friends, more supervising on the computer the list goes on and on. Heck when the kids are little, they are the easiest to take care.
I agree with you...the older they get, the more they need you. But, it seems to me, that daycare makes it worse instead of better. How do you drive your kids to activities? Do you bring all the daycare kids along too?

I have three kids and we are BUSY and their schedules almost always conflict with daycare. How do you manage it?

Do you only have a couple of kids? Helping my middle schooler with homework after school is next to impossible. He gets home at 3:45, my daycare parents start arriving at 4pm. I'm lucky in that my hubby is home by 3:15 at the latest or I would have to quit today. There is no way I could get my dd to gymnastics, help my ds with homework, pick my son up from his after school tutoring sessions 2xweek, much less help with homework.

I've been at a loss as to how doing daycare helps when you have older kids. They do need so much more! I can't imagine what summer is going to look like when they are all stuck here until Dad gets home from work. Fortunately, he works at the golf course in the summer so he's home by noon or so. Seriously, how are taking them to dances, helping with homework, driving to activities, and all the rest with a house full of littles who also need your attention?