View Single Post
karen 10:17 AM 04-16-2012
Thanks for the suggestions!
Today babies went down for morning nap directly after breakfast. 8:30. They had to stay in bed for 45 minutes. 14 month screamed 11 month old fell asleep at least for 20 minutes. I had an extra infant car seat and put 11 month in that to sleep. He is sleeping now as well. So far no scream fest but it is Monday.
I should have mentioned but 11 month old does not nap at home. The parents are too busy to put him down so whatever sleep he gets it's during car rides on the weekends.
As for rubbing backs or sitting next to my kids that is such a habbit for me...That's like telling me to not put a shoe on. When I first started in daycare gazillions of years ago.... That was a requirement.....My boss said that we needed to remember that these children were without their mommies all day and we needed to be sensitive to their needs. So it has stuck with me. Plus every daycare that I have worked at that's just what we did.
It helps because two of my kids one being a wigglealotapus well let's just say if I don't sit next to him let the gymnastics begin.
Another child of mine is a sneakyalotapus if I don't sit next to him he will slither his way off his cot and make noises so the other kids wake up.
Again thanks so much for your suggestions!