View Single Post
Unregistered 07:36 PM 01-22-2009
Fist off the military dose help the family out they have their own thing and its called Family Child Care every base I have ever been on has one its. Just take you to check in to it. And yes it is hard trying to take care of a child while your other have gose TDY but its something every military parent gose through. Pluse with you both in the Military you have to have a plan for your child incase you both go TDY so I have no idea why you are haveing trouble finding someone or something maybe its because you are wanting more hours then they state will let you have the child in care. Because a child can only be in care for up to 10 hours a day at the most maybe its the cost that is troubling you. You can call Child Care Resource and Referal and they can help you also look at the CDC on base because they just might have a list of people that can help. If not Call the RED CROSS for teens that have taken the baby sitting class to help out. But what ever you do dont take your child to some one that is not with a state or base License because they are the ones that have been finger printed and have the back ground checks done on them. Good luck if you want to get back and tell me what base you are on maybe I can do some checking in to this for you. BEcause I have been doing home child care for over 20 years with the military and with out the military so good luck