View Single Post
countrymom 09:06 AM 02-05-2013
there is no right or wrong answer. You need to do it BASED ON THE CHILD. I sometimes cut and sometimes not, depends on the child and the grape (big or small) but I think some of you are going over board, they can choke on anything and everything. So do you eliminate all your food or toys, I don't think so. And also, its funny how some of you are freaking over grapes and saying that parents do so much for kids and don't teach them how to do stuff and yet many of you go and cut up grapes for the older children, thats a bit contradicting don't you think. And if you are so afraid of children choking, then maybe this isn't the profession for you because this is a job that you need to be level headed and calm when things happen and know how to do the hymlic manouver. Oh my odd choked on a pretzel at a fair and all the people around her were in full panic mood. She was sitting down and eating and it went down the wrong way. I didn't stop her from eating them, we let her know that she needs to chew better.