View Single Post
Unregistered 11:07 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
I have a dad of an 18 month of dcg who started with me mid August.

Dad has on several occasions said "oh she's picking up hitting from _______"

or yesterday when my daughter leaned over the side of the couch to climb on to it during his pick up time (which I do NOT allow btw and dd was spoken to about it in front of him) he said "ahhhhh so THAT is where she picked up that lovely habbit. She just started doing that on our furniture and we don't allow it"

all I said was "I don't either" (which was clear because I had already spoken to my dd)

my dd likes to hold my hands and climb up my body and do a sommersault of sorts - she wanted to show this dc dad that she could do this. The minute she started he said - "___________ (his dd) don't look - we don't need you picking up bad habbits"

So the yesterday when he picked up she also screamed at the top of her lungs (girly loud screech!) which he instantly told her "no" I said "oh good - I have been telling her 'no' too when she does that"

He said "i wonder where she picked THAT one up from" and pointed at my dd. (now he did say that one with a smile but still pissed me off)

I responded by saying "nope - I'm pretty sure she picked that up just by being a girl" and I said it with a smile but I'm starting to get incredibly annoyed.

Is there anything that I can bother to say about this or just completely ignore him?
Kudos to you - you've been very patient. I'd line up another child and give him 2 weeks notice. If he is so above Daycare then he or his wife can stay home with their little darling and see what it's really all about.