View Single Post
sahm2three 12:26 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
I had something very similar happen several years ago. Dcg (4 yo), took off leaving me to drag 4 other kids after her. Very long story short, it culminated in me having to run in front of a Mac truck to grab my 2 yo, who was wandering right down the middle of a busy road, while the dcg played in a puddle on the shoulder of the road! I still get so angry when I think about it. Dcg sat in timeout for the rest of the day, and my son (who took off after her) got a spanking and spent the rest of the day in his room. I was seething! And dc mom laughed it off! .

Anyway, I know exactly how you feel, and all I can say is make sure your dc mom knows exactly how dangerous this behaviour is. I'd also probably make them find another way to get back from preschool, like a pp said. But whatever happens, I would definitely NOT trust this dcg again!
Yep, she is in timeout for the rest of the day. I don't care what anyone thinks of that, had it been MY child, she would have gotten a couple swats on the butt! For SURE! I am still mad. I didn't call. But mom is going to get the whole story when she gets here. Good thing is, mom and dad are super supportive, and back me 100%. Whatever punishment I give here, they carry over there and then some. She knows she is in trouble. I am beginning to think there is something wrong with her. Like mentally. She is super smart, very articulate, but she is kind of scary. She laughs when she gets in trouble. She likes it. It is strange. And her parents are fantastic. Very on top of it, and loving and involved. But they have noticed some scary things too. I honestly think she needs to be seen by a therapist of some kind. But I will let the parents come to that conclusion. I am so upset. There is no way I will attempt to walk to pick her up again. But I refuse to load all the babies day in and day out in the van to go get her either. So they are going to have to arrange for one of the other parents to pick up and drop off. I asked the dcg why she did it and she said, "Because I wanted to." So, no impulse control?! UGH.......