View Single Post
satxmb 09:35 AM 09-20-2008
OK here the deal. My wife and I are in the military, but my wife is being stationed in Korea in about two months. I currently work a job that requires me to be at work at least twelve hours a day. Due to the fact that this interferes with childcare seeing as my wife and I have the same job. I have been working at night so i can either keep him during the day or pick him up from day care and she can drop him off. As you can tell with her going to Korea for a year this is not going to work anymore now we do currently have day care but he is only allowed to be in daycare for 10hrs before there is a late fee and only a max of one hour late can happen or my commander is contacted. What my supervisors want me to do I s get him from base day care and take him to another off base daycare anywhere from 2-8 hours a day and yes that includes Saturdays and Sundays. So here are the hours 0400-1900 maybe longer possibly 2100 would be my work day he can only be dropped off at day care from 0600-1600 so that leaves him in another daycare from 1600 -till now I know this sounds unreasonable believe me I’m fighting this tooth and nails I have already gotten in trouble because they are trying to make this happen and I’m refusing to allow my son to be raised by daycare. So my main question after all this. what I want to know is the max amount of time a child can be in daycare per day in the state of Texas any help would be much appreciated