View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:52 PM 06-17-2013
Originally Posted by bzmommy:
Do you have problems with kids drinking out of each others cups or not know who's cup is who's? It used to drive me crazy. I couldn't remember who's drink was who's. For the last few years I have used this practice: Each child has their own color. Mind you, I am only licensed for 6 so this works for me. I buy microwavable and dishwasher safe plates, utensils and cups and each child has their own color. Johnny always has green, Suzie always has orange, etc. This kids love it. I know who's is whos and it gives them a sense of ownership which they really don't have with anything else in daycare. It is also a great way to incorporate learning about colors.
This is exactly what I do. I go a bit further and match their cups, plates, bowls and utensils with their cubby color and a matching blanket. The kids love it and we all always get a kick out of when I "forget" who has which color and get the colors mixed up. Then they all switch everything around until they have their own colors back again. It's great when my sister or DH actually does mix up a cup and they have a 2yo correct them and tell them which color is theirs.