View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 06-23-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
I wasn't trying to be mean but those last unregistered comments really got under my skin like they had an anti-home daycare type of mentality, and even some of the earlier ones did the same and it was still years after.

These ones irritated me the most (posted in 2011):

(posted 2012)

I do find those comments to be very rude, do they not realize this is a site for people who are interested in the child care business, not people who hate child care- because there are websites for that. I was just trying to make the point that not every home child care provider is like that and they shouldn't take their anger out on other providers because even people who don't have daycares can be bad neighbors and people who have daycares can still be good neighbors- it all depends on the person. Also everyone has a different tolerance level and some people's boiling points are lower levels than others. and like you said some people type key words and find this forum and it could cause issues for future provider whose neighbors hear about all these complaints and try to stop the daycare before the provider has a chance to prove themselves to not be like that. Yes I do think there should be training about keeping the neighbors happy before you get licensed or in workshops for child care providers. But we don't know who their neighbors are and we are not their neighbors so we cant help them other than to tell them they need to talk to their neighbors or contact their neighbor's licensor.
Like ANYTHING in life, there will be supporters and people who are anti-daycare.

That's ok. EVERYONE has a right to their opinion.

This IS a daycare forum but it isn't just for people interested in the business. It's for EVERYONE daycare affects. Including neighbors. (both supportive and unsupportive)

Also like any choice in life we make, there will be people who have preconceived notions about what we do and don't do in this profession. My advice is to not let those comments, opinions and outlooks get to you. It is what it is and not all people like children, daycare or anything to do with it.

You can't let that kind of stuff get to you or you will be continually stressed out. Just do what you love to do and do it well. No matter how great you do it though, there will always be people who think you are just a babysitter who watches TV all day and eats bon-bons.