View Single Post
Chickenhauler 09:49 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
The fence goes along my front yard. It begins 2 ft from my neighbors property were there is a bush on the neighbors property and runs along the front yard to the driveway. 100ft. long. If it was regulation that was written some where fine, it's the law. But this is just some old bag that wants to challenge everything I do.

Yes, a child will get through a gap but.... what is from stopping him from going into my neighbors yard to walk around the fence. This is why I think she is being rediculous. Just because it goes to the end of my property line doesn't mean the child still can't go around it.

So, here is what it looks like
B - bush
F - Fence
D - Driveway

B FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF DDDDDDDD
I am in NY and here there are no specific regulations to a fence. I only know of one provider in this area that has a fence, but by her own choice. And yes, you would think she would require it to go all the way around, but no... she just said it has to be accross my front yard to the driveway. See why this is not making sence? There is a provider at the end of my road that lives on the intersection corner, no fence. Another lady 5 homes down, no fence. I'm not angry that I need a fence. I am angry because I am being targetted and there are no regulations to support it.
Without the fence being a complete enclosure, the fence is worthless.

Time to play the game by her rules.

Get in touch with her supervisor....preferably someone who is above her, but in an elected position (really dumb for them to ignore voter). Bring it to their attention that you're concerned about the fact that this woman is incompetent, she thinks that a fence across the front of the yard will stop kids from entering the street, but the fence is not an enclosure. Be sure to bring up your concern about her inability to grasp this concept, and how dangerous this could be for children.

If you can't get a return call, make a personal visit. It's much harder to blow someone off or ignore them in person. Had that same problem with a county atty once, would never return calls and he was always "busy" or "in court" or "in a meeting".....finally, I got sick of getting the brush off, so I packed a lunch and camped in his office all day long. After 3 hours, he finally managed to "find time" to discuss the matter with me in person.

Oh, trust me I have. She pulls the trump card and tells me "because I control if you get your license or not and I think you need one." I'd love to get a return call from the supervisor. She even admitted to me there is no regulation and she just feels I should have one. I wish she would retire or I could change to one of the other registrars who don't have it out for me. I have heard others complain about the state but I can't believe how rediculous they really are.
Call the supervisor morning, noon and afternoon, every day of the week. Eventually, they'll get so sick and tired of you flooding them with voice mails, they'll actually call you back. I know it sounds weird, but being annoying works.