View Single Post
Unregistered 02:54 AM 01-30-2010
I had the same problem. I picked up my daughter from daycare. She had bleach stains on one of the pant legs. I told the teacher all she said was sorry about that. Than I talked to the director she said that she will take of it. But I never got a call back from her. So, I went down to talk to her myself and found out that the bleach spray bottle was not spraying so the teacher opened the bottle and poured it, and than wiped it. But the left over spilled on the chair. And when my daugther sat down her pants was bleached. And today the teacher who was guity she gave my daughter giftcard for walmart. And I also know that she got a first warning for the director. Because she was in tears when is told me want happened. And was very sorry about it and offered to replace the pants. I told her what if the bleach got on her skin. Than? But I guess she learnt a lesson not to do that again. But I feel guity taking the giftcard. But does that solves the problem. Is my child safe?

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My 2 year old son attends a daycare in Lilburn, GA. Until today, I have been fairly pleased with the facility and he seems to love it. When I went to pick him up this evening, I noticed that there were several bleach marks on the back of his navy blue pants. As annoyed as I am about the pants, I am very upset that he was exposed to bleach.

Isn't there something in daycare standards or guidelines that states that chemicals should not be used around the children? In my opinion, all cleaning should be done when the children are out of the classroom as not to expose them to harmful chemicals. I am just glad that it was only his pants that were ruined and that he didn't ingest any. He sticks his hands in his mouth all of the time and could have very easily gotten very sick if he had done so after touching the bleached area. I pointed the marks on his pants to the evening teacher, who's name I do not know, and she stated that she had not noticed the marks and had no idea when it had been done.

Could someone tell me who the proper channel would be to notify? Other than bringing it up to the daycare director, I do not know what else to do. Beside, I do not think that it would do any good to report it to the director. I would appreciate any help that anyone could provide me with.