View Single Post
Crystal 06:50 AM 05-04-2010
For me, it would not matter what the state says....I'd put in the cushioning or wouldn't have the equipment. If there is no cushioning under it, and a child falls off of the swings and hits head and gets concussion, breaks an arm, or whatever, it won't matter to the parents what the State says, they can still sue me, and I'd still feel guilty for not properly protecting children. If, as providers being paid to care for children, we choose to have swingsets or high climbers, it is our responsibility to spend the money to properly cushion the fall zone. If we do not want to spend it, we should just use smaller equipment without swings.

Yes, I have swings. I also have two areas of my backyard that we dug out the soil from and put in 8 inches of playground bark chips....it was expensive and I add a little each year, but worth the piece of mind.

BTW, I am only referring to the space with swings and high climbing equipment.....the climbers Mac has are low enough to not have to worry to much about the fall zone.