View Single Post
DEBBIES DAYCARE 12:10 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
I would LOVE to do it this way but I have kids that come all morning 7:30-9:45. I don't think they would bring them earlier either. If I ever had a group that all came and left around the same time that would be awesome though.
I am open from 7-5:30. If you contract full time, its all day from open to close, m-f with a flat weekly rate. Part time is open to close, with a mimimal of 3 days contract, for a set daily rate. The only other option I offer is a drop in, based on availability for an hourly rate payable that day.
I have a drop off at 9:30 am.The parents pay the daily rate without a complaint. For awhile mom was dropping of at 7 to go to the gym...but that was short lived. lol.
I also have a pick up at 3:30-3:45. Once in while, she runs an errand, doc appt or has coffee with a friend.
I think it takes some pressure off everyone, to be able to run an errand and not be late and for me not to have to feel uncomfortable enforcing late fees or that feel of being disrespected when they are late. It also keeps things simple without me having to get out a calculator to see how much the bill is for additional time. I do however charge per minute after 5:30. I have never had to do this tho. I have a parent who gets out of work at 5 so I give her until 5:45 before shes considered late.
I actually use this flexability as a sales pitch at interviews and most parents love it. When I worked in an office I used to see parents running out the door so stressed they were going to be late and have to pay the daycare extra. I tell my parents to relax..BS in the parking lot for a minute, go grocery shopping, go home, shower and change in peace, then come and get their child.
Happy parents make happy daycare providers!!!!