Thread: Croup
View Single Post
Familycare71 06:32 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes, breathing is important My son is the child that ends up in ER because it causes his air way to become restricted and causes respiratory distress and now I allowed the sibling to come being told the child was fine and the child is now coughing I'm not sure what to do as the parents are already upset that both kids have been sick for 2 weeks and they are having to pay for care when their children can't attend.
Ugh!!! It feels like a never ending battle and one we can never win- I completely understand your concern!! I HOPE the other sibling just has a cold... I know slim chance!
My child that got croup numerous times per year and always had to go on steroids (best case) and Er (worst case) had his first croup free year last winter... He is 15!!!!! Crazy- the memories I have of those croup night still freak me out. No one really understands fully I don't think until they experience the fear that comes while your child is trying to get air and can't adequately...
How bad is it if you lose this family?? I guess you have to do what what your gut says...
So sorry your dealing with this!