View Single Post
Unregistered 03:46 AM 03-08-2013
Because a child takes a nap at daycare, has nothing to do with a child not going to sleep at night. It is nothing but a blame game by the parents. Be a parent, not their best buddy and parent your child. So many times over the years, I have been confronted with...Please don't let Susie sleep more than 45 min, she doesn't go to sleep at night. I do nothing different, Susie still sleeps 2 to 2.5 hours per day, BUT I tell parents she only slept 45 min and amazingly her sleep issues have subsided. No change in sleep at daycare and a little white lie to parent, works everytime. lol

And special requests to keep Susie up, when you are a one person team with 1 daycare space in your home, it is very hard to allow 1 child to stay up while the others sleep. It just doesn't work. 1 kid stays up then you have 2 wanting to stay up. Nope, not going to happen. Most home daycares are small group care. If you want special you need to hire a nanny for one on one care. A provider has to do what is best for her and her group, not 1 individual child.

I never understood why parents would put their kids to bed at 7:30/8, don't they want to spend time with their kids? My own kids never slept 12 hours at a time and they were in daycare for 8 years, went to bed at 9pm and up at 5:30, napped everyday till went to school. Sometimes parents need to step back and regroup and ask themselves if their request to their provider is doable in a group setting.