View Single Post
joelietz 02:30 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Charity:
Hello All!! I am new to the forum and currently starting a small Child Care Business in my home. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The laws here are so touchy.... and have thrown me from one person to the next. Can anyone tell me what would help to get word out?? Can I be licensed in myome and watch more than 6?? The Health department tells me that once I become licensed I can not watch from my home that I have to open a building. PLEASE any help on home child care is appreciated
Well, to get the word out you could have some business cards printed and take them around to doctor's offices or leave a few at any place that attracts a lot of parents with kids. A brochure that outlines what you can offer as a daycare provider and your rates would be good too. I wouldn't spend a lot on printing - just keep it simple because most printed small business advertising is highly disposable and usually gets thrown out quickly. Local cultural centers and recreation facilities would be a good place to pin up your business card too. Mention your business to everyone you meet and word of mouth should help you too. Also talk to your local daycare supplies company because they probably have some good ideas too. Good luck.

Joanna