View Single Post
DashaW12 05:04 AM 12-08-2016
Hello I'm not sure if this has been said before but I have a problem. I've watched someone kids 5 times without be paid my full balance. Me and their mother agreed that she would pay me $160 a week and her first payment would be on the 7th of this month for watching her 2 children because the job she had recently took was holding her first check for 2 weeks. My rates are normally higher but due to her circumstances I made an exception. I asked her however could she at least give me $20 a day and pay the remaining on the 7th, which she managed to do twice. Between November 17th-December 7th however I only watched the boys 5 times so I explained to her after she pay me on the 7th for them I would have to start charging her daily because she isn't bringing them by the week 5 days consecutively to get the weekly rate. We agreed she would pay $40 a day for them. Fast forward to December 1st , the day before she was supposed to be dropping the off, she sent me a text saying her sister in law was going to be watching the kids starting tomorrow December 2 so she no longer needed a sitter but she was still going to pay me on the 7th. Then she sent a text 3 hours later saying she lied yes they well be with me. By this time I'm already gone doing personal things so I wasn't in position to watch them simply because she said she didn't need me so I went and did my own thing. I did however send her a text specifically stating that I was not home. Mind you this is the 2nd time she's switched plans at the last minute. So I haven't heard from her from December 2-December 7 , she never contacted me again about watching the boys. So on the 7th I texted her and asked was she bringing my payment in the morning December 8th before or after work. She then states that she had to put the boys in daycare because she couldn't get in touch with me and she will not be paying me the money. She then says to sell her sons play pen and get the money from that. I responded telling her that she had a verbal and written contract through text agreeing to still pay me the money on the 7th and if she is refusing to pay I was gonna have to take her and her husband to small claims court. Now she's texting me to stop texting her or she is gonna file harassment charges. Am I in my legal right to take her to court? Or is what I'm doing harassment?