View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 12-08-2016
Originally Posted by DashaW12:
Yes! Normally I would have had her sign the contract on paper but the one time I run out and take someone's word I get burned so honestly I have only myself to blame. Although I did get legal consultation and if I do decide to go forward with the court claim the text messages of her agreeing to pay me on the 7th are said to be enough evidence. She keeps threatening to file harassment on me but again I was told as long as I'm not threatening , using obscene language or claiming false amounts of money that I am not harassing her. I'm only asking for what I worked for nothing more. I don't honestly wanna pay $96 bucks just to have to take her to court but as an adult she needs to understand that those type of actions come with consequences. She is the most unstable parent I've ever dealt with so I commend myself for having patience but been used and thrown out like trash is unacceptable. I even contacted her husband to see if he could either pay it or convince her to so we can avoid court. But she still said I was harassing them. At this point I've tried to do the right thing and give her to Friday to pay but she blatantly texted me "You are not getting any money, do not contact us again" so now it's action time!
Most small claims court districts have policies that allow you to waive the filing fee if you meet certain income requirements. Also in most states the party that loses the lawsuit has to pay the filing fee so if you win the filing fees will be added to the amount the parent owes you.