View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 02:41 PM 12-26-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have actually had people infer that I should wait to get paid and accept late payment because I don't "need" the money.

We don't go around bragging, but we don't. The reason we don't is because we are frugally wise where it counts. We have one nice vehicle and one beater, etc. Only 2 tvs, we buy furniture off of garage sale sites and Craigslist (2 big dogs, 2 cats...)

If we made different choices we would "need" the money. The fact that I'm not stressed out about money means I don't deserve it and should help out those who made bad choices, right??
I once was interviewed for a nanny position in a pretty wealthy family. after 4 (four!) different interviews, all for the same family, I was freaked out about them being anal and pretty much bailed out last second (read: I told them what I thought and was kicked out). one of the accusations thrown at me was "all you need is money." well, yeah, what did you think? if I didn't need money, you wouldn't be intervewing me.
in a few months, one of my former bosses god a hold of me, and when we talked, I told him briefly about my experience. he asked, "what does Mom do?" I answered, and he said, "okay. does she do it for free? I seriously doubt that. so, why would she short-change you?"
I don't work, but if I do, I get paid for it. last client who hasn't paid was blocked in my phone with no way back. why would I expect someone taking care of my child to do it for free if they never signed up to volunteer? (Sunday School teachers are another story, we sign volunteer forms for that.)
by the way, I need the money, but I don't look a whole lot of stressed out about it. they won't put it into my coffin.