View Single Post
Sumshine 06:15 AM 02-03-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

Congrats on building your backbone. It feels good, doesn't it?
Yes it does!

I feel much better now! I feel like I'm on a good path to gaining the control/structure I NEED in order for me to stay sane and provide the best care possible for these other littles!

I didn't realize how much easier it would be not having DCG around either! I didn't realize (within reason) until this issue came up just how difficult DCG and DCM were really being for me and how much my program is not a fit for a sole SA, heck maybe even no SAs at all!

I have not heard anything from DCM since that night and I haven't heard anything from anyone else. I don't even think any other DCPs realize DCG is gone so that's nice I don't have to politely tip toe and explain that's shes just not here anymore without getting into any details.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and support. It really isn't a fun situation to terminate especially when a DCP is already ticked off in general but it was reassuring to see that I wasn't crazy or overacting and that many people would of came to the same conclusion given the situation! Who knows if I hadn't sat here and asked for advice/vented a little I probably wouldn't of opened my eyes up to just how ridiculous DCM's requests were for me especially when she wasn't the best DCP and didn't respect me at all! I would of probably been going in circles feeling out of control with DCG and DCM's actions until the summer and had a not so fun few months (if I could of even made it that long!) Yikes! I think I've learned a huge lesson here... no 1 child or their income they bring in is worth the hassle of feeling the way I was feeling for those 48 hours! In the future I don't think I would second guess a situation like this again! I'd just be done and move on with the families that respect me and appreciate the care I provide