View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:17 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
BC- I emailed my licensor making her aware of the situation and made it very clear I do not accept DCG on Tuesdays and have documented proof I have told DCM she must give me proper notice. I told licensor that I am usually always home but if I want to go to the park or a walk I don't want to be held liable for a parent leaving their child unattended on my property without notice and what she recommends my next steps be or if I should literally just never walk or go to the park dueing this time on the off chance my SA will just randomly show up unscheduled?
Unfortunately you need to tell mom that if he arrives unscheduled again, it would be immediate termination. Its simply a risk you cant take.

Everything is always our fault and if DCG was waiting on your step when you were at the park and happen to get hurt, it's YOUR liability. If she was abducted from your property, it's YOUR liability. If she wanders off and gets lost, it's YOUR liability. I know that sucks but it's true.

It is good that you e-mailed your licensor so that there is now a paper trail (documentation) of this situation. I would stress SUPER STRONGLY with mom that NONE of her excuses as to why she can't notify you are acceptable when she is choosing to put you in a bad situation and if she does it again, you will terminate immediately. I'd even threaten that I would call CPS and report an abandon child.

This kind of lazy parenting planning pisses me off (sorry for the language) but it's always the parents that have the most excuses for not having to parent that get us (providers) in hot water.