View Single Post
Sumshine 06:39 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Honestly at this point I would just terminate care. It sounds like your program does not fit the needs of SA children and this dcm is making the rest of your time miserable. Personally I would not like to change my program and scheduled activities on the whim of one dcm. I say cut your losses.
I never really knew the needs of a SA until recently. She just wants to watch tv all day when shes off school and nap/lounge around and I don't allow that except during quiet time or as a special addition here or there. I have plenty of age appropriate things for her but she just isn't interested! I was hoping to hold of until the summer for financial reasons for termination. I was thinking 2-3 weeks before school ends so mom can have time the find summer care. She left her previous licensed provider on a whim to come to me so I'm thinking now I see why. Everything was okay until I got licensed and have all these rules to follow and other little ones to care for and she thinks things are like before even though I CLEARLY told her things would change a lot when I got licensed and explained the changes with the policies and contract...

In regards to M-F care I left it in her court she hasn't responded yet. I said it looks like she only needs a few mins here or there on Tuesday afternoons and it doesn't seem logical to schedule it at this time as I'll be then "expecting" her and always have food and activities ready for her (after snack is typically craft time) and I explained if she doesn't need me and is going to constantly tell me she isn't going to be there because she picked her up already I will be wasting food and resources and I don't want to do that. I said if she is going to show up every Tuesday unless sick then she can schedule it. I also told her I'm not trying to be difficult but I do a lot of pre planning on my end and there's a lot that I have to prepare for and do in the background I don't think she understands or sees. I said it would be the same for my 2 kiddos that do half days on Fridays they'd have to ask me in advance to do a full day they can't (and dont) just show up without notice.